Sep 28, 2012 3:51:25 PM
More often than not would you come across headphones and headsets (headphones with a microphone) that promise to offer a noise cancelling effect. The markets are flooded with a number of them in their various avatars and you must have wondered what exactly they are, why they are more expensive and how different they are from the regular ones.
1) Well, it is something that is made to come in handy in more ways than one. The types include active noise cancelling headphone and passive noise cancelling headphone.
2) The passive noise cancelling headphones refer to the circum-aural ones that are especially made to maximize noise-filtering properties. These work by effectively blocking out some sound waves and the material they are made up of play an important role, e.g. high-density foam or some other sound-absorbing material.
3) Active noise-cancelling headphones, on the other hand, create a formidable barrier that bar high-frequency sound waves and also couple another level of noise reduction in the way. And this is done by actively eliminating or cancelling sound waves of lower frequency by developing the headphone’s own sound waves that imitate the incoming noise.
In other words, these headphones and headsets go a long way in omitting background noise and prevent it from colliding with what you are listening. So when are the times when you need them the most?
1) If you have playful kids at home who never get tired and seldom give rest to your eardrums, these headphones can provide the much needed solace.
2) When you want to enjoy pure and undiluted music and the noisy environment is not allowing you to do so. These headphones will help you to shut yourself and your music from the rest of the world.
3) When you need to do some important listening work in the middle of a noisy area, the noise cancelling headphones are the safest options for you. For example, the roaring sound of the engines of the plane, or for that matter the train, cause annoyance and do not let you read or listen to your heart’s content.
So we realise:
1) If you are trying to talk to someone, noise cancelling headset will ensure high attenuation of ambient noise and not let any external noise come in between so that both the ends can easily hear each other.
2) If you are a music lover and cannot allow the external noise to distort your mood, these headphones will meet your requirement.
3) Moreover, when you are trying to explain something or concentrate on what the other person is saying, these unique headphones will help you not get distracted by the surrounding noise.
To sum it up, they allow you to immerse yourself in your favourite numbers, facilitate an effortless conversation and also help your business grow. With noise-cancelling headsets, you can rest assured your mates / clients will hear what you are saying and also enjoy your favourite music. The regular ones are passé, and it’s time to get the wonderful noise-cancelling headphones and headsets!